- The Australia Government provides AUD $200 million each year in international scholarships.
- Australia has the third highest number of international students in the world, behind only the United Kingdom and the United States.
- Australia is in the top 10 in the Universitas 2016 U21 Ranking of National Higher Education Systems.
- Australia has five of the best 30 cities in the world for students, based on the mix of students, the quality of life, employer activity, and affordability.
- Australia has it all - from sun-kissed beaches to fantastic ski slopes, dense rainforests, and stunning deserts, as well as large cities and rural escapes. We enjoy an incredibly multi-cultural environment, and benefit from the food, music, art and traditions of many different cultures from across the world, including Australia's Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Melbourne has been named the most liveable city in the world for six years in a row (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016), scoring an impressive 97.5 out of a possible 100 in 2015 and 2016.
With interesting pedestrian laneways, wide streets, large parks, unique architecture, the winding Yarra River, and a wide variety of music, art, sport, food, and education. Melbourne offers something for everyone. And when you want to explore beyond the city, you can quickly and easily get to Victoria's beaches, mountains, forests, wineries and hundreds of other great tourist destinations.
Melbourne's population is approximately 4.35 million people, making it small enough to be clean, attractive and easy to get around in, but big enough to have every facility you need, as well as numerous cultural events and attractions every day of the year.