Qualification: CPP20218 Certificate II in Security Operations
RTO: Crown Training Pty Ltd
RTO Code: 40529
Crown College, Level 3, 8 Haig Street, Southbank
Melbourne VICTORIA 3006 Australia
- Be affected by redundancies, with preference given to people from the automotive industry
- Be an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander person
- Be a new immigrant
- Be a woman in crisis
- Be 18 years of age or over
- Be a citizen of Australia or New Zealand or have an appropriate Australian Visa. As we are not CRICOS accredited, we are unable to train anyone on a Student Visa. Please feel free to contact us if you require assistance in determining your eligibility for this course
- Attend an information session at Crown Training
- Satisfactorily complete the Crown College Language, Literacy and Numeracy assessment
- Our priority remains keeping our guests, our employees, and the community safe. Crown is committed to maintaining appropriate hygiene and safety measures across our complex
- Crown operates a No Tick, No Entry policy. You must check in via the Service Victoria app using the QR code at entry points into the Resort
- To learn how we are safely welcoming you back, click here
The course runs for 17 days, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays)
CPP31318 Certificate III in Security Operations
You will be required to participate in a range of Assessment methods including written tests, practical observations, team work activities and role plays.
The CPP20218 Certificate II in Security Operations can be a challenging course; it requires participants to perform physical tasks and assessments.
Students will be required to complete a variety of physical activities, including the restraints of individuals of varying body shapes and sizes.
Please let us know about any medical conditions you have, medications you require, or restrictions that would put you or others at risk while attending your training before you enrol (for example, diabetes, epilepsy, asthma, allergies, pregnancy or heart conditions), so that we can provide assistance where we can. Such information will be treated confidentially. If it is not practical for us to address your particular need, we will discuss with you the most appropriate response to your needs.
Areas Of Study
Consistent with the Qualification Rules and Victoria Police licencing requirements, the qualification offered by Crown Training Pty Ltd comprises the following 14 units of competence
The units you will undertake in this program are listed below:
||Apply effective communication skills to maintain security
||Apply legal and procedural requirements to work effectively within a security team
||Apply WHS, emergency response and evacuation procedures to maintain security
||Apply risk assessment to select and carry out response to security risk situations
||Provide quality services to a range of security clients
||Protect self and others using basic defensive techniques
||Patrol premises to monitor property and maintain security
||Screen people, personal effects and items to maintain security
||Monitor and control access and exit of persons and vehicles from premises
||Monitor and control individual and crowd behaviour to maintain security
||Apply security procedures to manage intoxicated persons
||Apply security procedures to remove persons from premises
||Escort and protect persons and valuables
||Provide first aid
- Security Officer - Unarmed Guard
- Crowd Controller
- Control Room Operator
Our next courses are scheduled:
- We have a weekday part time course commencing Tuesday 13th September 2022. This course will run over 8 weeks. Please contact us for more information
- Monday 7th November – Tuesday 29th November 2022
- The health and wellbeing of our guests, employees and the wider community is Crown Melbourne’s first priority. Entry is subject to Crown Melbourne’s Conditions of Entry, including Crown’s COVIDSafe Plan, as applicable at the time of entry.
- To learn how we are safely welcoming you back, click here.